The Daily 5


I have been reading and researching the daily 5 like crazy!  I finally introduced the whole chart to the class on Friday.  We have been reviewing what each center should look like for the past couple weeks because I didn't want to throw it at them all at once.  It seemed to work well!  The normal "wild animals" in the classroom was more of an organized zoo this time, which is a fantastic improvement! ;) 



I let the kiddies choose which center they wanted because we only have time for one round, and it was a Friday.  Starting on Monday I am going to try having them keep a log of which center they go to so they can rotate to all of them without me having to monitor it as much. 

Here is the link to the FREE daily 5 posters I used.  They are adorable!  Daily 5 Classroom Pack


"I don't know what to write about…."

I decided I never wanted to hear one of my students say that again! I made this vocabulary flip chart so students can get ideas of what to write about and so they can include more details in their writing.  And the kids LOVE them!  I have two copies in color at the writing center and one black and white copy on each table.  























You can download this writing toolbox from my TpT store {here}! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 The Therapeutic Teacher , Blogger