Bats Week!






Is this not the cutest thing ever?!  Every day there is something new that I am LOVING about my new school.  We have a great PTA! Last night was the Harvest Festival!!  Lots of pumpkins, face painting, crafts, food, piñatas, and costumes!  I love that we are able to have these fun events for our students. 


I was in charge of the craft table.  Here's what it looked like by the end of the night, ha!


This week was bat week! I usually do bats and owls in the same week (see my Bats and Owls Unit) but we had a busy week plus a field trip! So we will get to the owls next week while we do our pumpkin experiments!






   We started the week by sharing what we knew about bats and what we wanted to learn about bats.  And by the end of the week, we learned lots of new things!




We completed an interactive book about bats.  
You can get a copy of this fun book from my TpT store {here}.








There are a ton of phonics lessons that can be used with this unit!  I found the poem online and made an anchor chart for it.




Just another photo of my Donors Choose order!  These phonics games make my word work center so much more engaging! My kiddies work on them the entire time!  I also got the sand timers so they can time each other for one minute fluency checks!


Next...
FIELD TRIP!!! We saw a Freckleface Strawberry! 



This week we wrote thank you notes for our mystery reader who came in last week.  If you haven't already- check out my Mystery Reader Packet on TpT.  It gives everything you need to start mystery readers in your class and the best part- it's FREE!




Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin,
    You and I are both in new schools! I absolutely LOVED that pumpkin patch set up. What a way to engage the whole school community. Love it, Love it!
    Your bats unit looks fabulous. I am going to pop on by and wishlist it.
    Cheers,

    Shelley
    The Perks of Teaching Primary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through the Five for Friday linky

    Just wanted to leave a little note and tell you that your blog is adorable!

    Shuna
    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Therapeutic Teacher , Blogger