Little bit of this and that





I can't believe Friday is here again.  Seriously it's October 18th already?! Time is flying!
We chose some writing goals and I made this chart to go with them.  It is hanging right above the writing center so they can always see what they need to be focusing on.

My Donors Choose shipment came!! I was so excited for this box to come!  My laminator was inside!  Guess what I will be doing all day on Saturday?


Today was another mystery reader day!  The kids don't know who is coming in to read until they walk in the door.  We have a mystery reader every other Friday.


I made a mystery reader packet for teachers.  Download it {here} for free if you would like to try it in your classroom!



Our focus in reading this week was RI.1.2 Retelling main idea and key details of an informational text. We used these graphic organizers I made as part of my interactive reading journal.


They are really easy to cut and paste and the kids think it's fun to lift the flaps and write their answers.  I find that it is a lot more engaging than just writing it in the notebook.  


Take a peek at my Interactive Reading Journal.. There's one page (plus more) that meets each first grade reading standard.


On a side note- it's a three day weekend!! Happy Friday everyone! 


4 comments:

  1. I like your idea for a Mystery Reader! I've never done that before!

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Glad I found it! The freebie is exactly what I want to start next semester - so this will help me get prepared, thanks :)


    Amber
    SSSTeaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad you linked up & I found your adorable blog! Thanks for the goody! The Mystery Reader is awesome!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 The Therapeutic Teacher , Blogger